Columbia West Capital - Transaction Case Study
Capital Raise for Whisper Creek Log Homes
- Whisper Creek manufactures traditional look and feel log home kits which it supplies throughout the United States and Canada.
- The company sought an equity infusion for growth and working capital needs.
- Locating a financial partner with operating experience capable of providing both strategic advice and capital
- Executing and maintaining an attractive deal during one of the most historically difficult economic atmospheres among the home manufacturing industry and economy generally
- Dealing with numerous cross boarder Tax and operating issues for both the buyer and investor
- CWC initiated a controlled auction process to determine the most appropriate investor for shareholders’ valuation and qualitative considerations.
- CWC orchestrated cross-border tax reorganization and initiated a change of domicile to appease investor concerns.
- CWC created an earnout structure which provided Management it’s much needed capital while mitigating the “pipeline” risk to the investor, who was concerned about investing in a declining economy.
- Closed the transaction at an attractive valuation in light of the economic atmosphere